Easy Bond - Childrens Rubber Playground DIY Kit - 10 Sq Metres Coverage @ 50mm Deep
Build your own Children's Safe play Area with this Do it Yourself Kit.
Coloured Easy Bond Rubber Mulch DIY Kit - 10 Square Meters
Included in the Pack:
- 280 KG of Easy bond Rubber Mulch. (28 Bags) - In your chosen Colour
- 2 x Keg Of PU Resin Binder (50Kgs) ( Glue )
- 1 x Keg Of PU Resin Binder (5Kgs) ( Glue )
- 1 x Free Roll of Weed Membrane
Rubber Mulch should be mixed at a ratio of 20% Resin to Rubber Crumb.
Example: 10KG bag of rubber mixed with 2KG of Resin.
The mixed Rubber and Resin compound should be laid onto a suitable base such as existing Concrete, Stone, or preferably MOT Type one (125MM Baselayer advisable). With good drainage!
A Geotextile weed membrane should be placed on top to prevent weed growth but allow drainage.
- Mix the Easy Bond Rubber Mulch with the Resin Binder supplied at a ratio of 10kgs Rubber to 2kgs Resin in a clean cement mixer or large bucket, mix until the resin has evenly coated the rubber. ( approx 2-3 Mins)
- Pour the wet mix onto the prepared surface and smooth off with a Lubricanted (soapy Water or Vegetable oil) trowel to create an even layer and tamp down with your trowel at a depth of 50mm
This can also then be troweled out and tampered down to create a smooth finish.
- Trowel Lubricant should be used to make the process easier and reduce rubber sticking to the Trowel.
- A 50mm Deep rubber surface will give you a critical fall height of 1.9M if you have play equipment that is higher than this you will require a deeper surface. ( please contact us for guidance)
- You must ensure there is good drainage of your base before laying to prevent flooding.
- We do not recommend laying this surface directly onto soil or grass.
- Do not lay in damp or cold conditions (5 degrees Celcius minimum temp)